Editing class method sources in single place

Friedrich Dominicus frido at q-software-solutions.de
Thu Jan 31 17:38:52 UTC 2008

"Jason Johnson" <jason.johnson.081 at gmail.com> writes:

> I don't understand this complaint.  In current Squeak a code browser
> is relatively quick.
Well searching through it to find some stuff is not that fast, I have
not idea on how to limit it to just the class I'm working in e.g.

>   When I work I'm constantly popping up new
> browsers to check something, leaving them open sometimes to
> "bookmark", etc.  In the Java or MS language world you couldn't do
> this because those IDE's are too expensive resource-wise (but even in
> those environments I find myself opening a second browser on the same
> project to temporarily get functionality I have in Squeak
 > out-of-box).
And how do you do that, you use the mouse and go forth and back and
how to you find your browsers? In any other langauge I can write

function a

function b

But I can not in Squeak I have to accept generate a new template an
possible put the stuff in categories from which I never know which
methods belong to which category (a bit too pointed) etc.

I know that people feel that Morphic is the tool chain but I'd prefer
a decent GUI builder, in which I can drag and drop my stuff. I would
appreciate something like putting my cursor on some method and type F1
and got help about that thing. Smalltalks are really nice but they are
lacking a decent editor ;-)

Regards
Friedrich

--
Q-Software Solutions GmbH; Sitz: Bruchsal; Registergericht: Mannheim
Registriernummer: HRB232138; Geschaeftsfuehrer: Friedrich Dominicus