[squeak-dev] [Squeak-dev Images] About the different flavors

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Wed Jul 2 11:49:27 UTC 2008

Damien Cassou a écrit :
> Hi Stéphane,
>
> thank you for your answer. About your packages:
>
> Colors: I think it should be included in Squeak base images. It's a
> general enhancement.

ah, ok. but it has been there for years and was never included

> LambdaMessageSend and LispKit: they only target specific developers as
> with the web images. If you have a wide audience for these packages, I
> can help you generate your own distribution based on squeak-dev.

I proposed LispKit because I saw a reference to the old Lisp package. it
is not included by default, it is present in the non-installed package
list. never mind.

LambdaMessageSend I find quite useful, and it's general purpose; I
believe it could belong to the toolbox of any developer.

the truth is that, while you rightly think about the usefulness of the
packages you provide, I think about the visibility a package gets when
included in your images. it's a bit of a chicken/egg problem: if nobody
is aware of the existence of LambdaMessageSend or Colors, then nobody
will use them and they will seem useless :)

regards,

Stef