[squeak-dev] [Squeak-dev Images] About the different flavors

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Wed Jul 2 17:12:53 UTC 2008

> Or, perhaps more importantly, is it something that most
> developers would
> want in their image.
> Tricky question, as always.
>
> Gary.

Certainly, and I think Damien has done a fine job to date on the dev image,
it's a huge jumpstart on rebuilding my image.  It is a fine line, but the
squeak-web image for example, crosses it for me.  I'd rather add Seaside to
the dev image than strip out Aida and Pier from the web image because I
don't use them.  The dev image contains developer goodies, I like that; the
web image starts pimping frameworks, no thanks, I'll choose what frameworks
I load into my image.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com