[squeak-dev] [Squeak-dev Images] About the different flavors

blake blake at www.loadedshelf.com
Wed Jul 2 19:27:17 UTC 2008

On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 07:42:55 -0700, Ramon Leon <ramon.leon at allresnet.com>
wrote:

> I'd hate to see the dev image become a showroom for packages, I'd rather
> see
> it continue to be loaded with stuff most developers would load anyway.  A
> package should probably be fairly popular and useful to even be
> considered
> for inclusion in the dev image because as soon as I have to start taking
> things out of it, I'll stop using it and go back to building my own.

I agree with Ramon.

I got confused with the 3.10 because of the "beta" designation. (I've been
very lightly skimming for a few months due to other projects, and last I
saw, vanilla 3.10 had been released and then recalled, and I wasn't sure
if it had been re-released.)

Basically, though, I like it because I know if I throw a switch to try
something out, it will work and be relevant to development, versus wading
through repositories and not knowing what's going to work, what version
you need, etc.