[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] July 2008 versions

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Jul 3 14:04:48 UTC 2008

El 7/3/08 10:21 AM, "Damien Cassou" <damien.cassou at gmail.com> escribió:

>> Damien have wonderfuls ready to run images.
>> But , you really need all ?
>> What if you have a image smaller and more modular like SqueakLight II and
>> decide your own fate ?
>> See the info at http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6056 and give a try.
>
> What do you suggest to remove?

Nothing.
A image could be small, medium or big,
All dev images was targeted to dev people and is good to have it.
My FunSqueak try to be a "things Squeak could do"  show.
3.11 should be 3.10 with less packages, and is what SqueakLight II is.

A beginner could load it and choose
-  load mp3 or not.
-  load Comanche or not.
-  load SUnit and all the test or not
-  load MorphicWrappers and MathMorphs or not.

All others is in the way, so I plan to have how choose if people wish
Seaside , Aida, etc or if they wish Etoys and Nebraska, Games, etc.

See something different to 3.9 way ?
3.10 was the first step.
SqueakLight II is a IMHO a necessary step

Many think backward compatibility is a bad thing.
Life show people stick to know things and changing slowly.
Processors run faster each year, but we have the same brain for the last
10.000 years

Edgar