[squeak-dev] back to the original question: cpan-like system for squeak?

Claus Kick claus_kick at web.de
Thu Jul 3 19:54:12 UTC 2008

Keith Hodges wrote:

> Having tried Hg, I have found Bzr to be preferable.
>
> Hg doesnt have a lightweight checkout, Bzr does. i.e. you can deploy the
> latest, without the whole history.
>
> I have setup a public (ish) bzr server at bzr.warwick.st with 160Gb of
> space. We will be using this for managing and distributing the results
> of automated image builds in the near future.

Just trying to bring everything back to the core question:
What about having something like CPAN (with a CPAN installer) for Squeak?

I am trying to follow the discussions, but to me it seems as if this
central question is not really discussed.

Instead, there are interesting topics, like Squeak-To-SVN,
advantages/disadvantages of other Versioning Tools (whose names I have
not even heard, was in ENVY/Manager, SVN and ClearCase land too long it
seems), nameing and so on...

What about the central question?
What about having something like CPAN (with a CPAN installer) for Squeak?