[squeak-dev] Prepare for Thousands of Cores --- oh my Chip - it's full of cores!

Benoit St-Jean bstjean at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 7 01:02:36 UTC 2008

Peter, betting "All-in" is easy.  Winning is something else.  Criticizing is easy.  Let's see the cards now!  I've seen plently of Igor's code/papers/discussions/ideas, i.e  REAL stuff...  Now, it's your turn to go "all-in" !  What about Zoku Peter???  Will it support multi-core, native, "non-green" threads/processes ???  Any roadmap?  Any ideas, plans, whatever?  Any demo?  Beyond theorical ideas, anything to refute Igor's ideas?

I don't mind "ideas bashing." when the opponents have something to prove/show/discuss...  I wouldn't mind arguing with Vassili Bykov, Elliott Miranda, Dan Ingalls, Matthew Fullmer, Stéhane Ducasse and a lot of others (sorry guys if you're not in the enumeration) but sometimes, being silent is the best solution when you've got nothing to add/prove to the discussion.

I don't mind aurguing about ideas...  But please guys, back your arguments with *something* !

Benoit St-Jean
Yahoo! Messenger: bstjean
Blog: lamneth.wordpress.com
A standpoint is an intellectual horizon of radius zero.
(Albert Einstein)&