[squeak-dev] Namespaces

Jason Johnson jason.johnson.081 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 07:21:38 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 8:40 PM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> okay, let me rephrase it: trusted user and untrusted user.
> Do you still against distinction?

In the programming language: yes.  It is up to the developer to know
the access needs of his software (e.g. are there parts that need to be
protected?) and write it accordingly.

The only way you need it in the language itself is if you are allowing
arbitrary clients to inject code into your running system, which I'm
against.  In that case I think it's better to just expose APIs to
clients that they can call which you prove to be safe (like web
services).