[squeak-dev] All tests running green

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 7 10:35:06 UTC 2008

Damien Cassou wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 10:56 AM, laurent laffont
> <laurent.laffont at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> I think the information we need looks like
>>> http://speedy.cs.uiuc.edu/~johnson/testResults/3.10alpha.7105-none.html.
>>> Ralph Johnson wrote a tool to generate these reports but I don't know
>>> more than that. You can ask him.
>>>
>> Done.
>>
>> I think the way to do it is to periodically download last dev image,
>> run the tests, output the results to a file and upload it to a
>> webserver. I think we can do this with a simple bash script and a cron
>> task.  Is it possible to run all the Squeak tests from the command
>> line ?
>>

> Yes. First create a text file which contains the Smalltalk
> instructions to run the tests you want. You might want to look at
> classes TestCase and TestRunner to find what to write in this file.
>
> Then, you have to pass the full path of that file as the last
> parameter to Squeak

There is a version of TestRunner in 'SUnit-improved' (however some
needed code needs to be retrieved from the history) that takes
parameters from the command line using Installer-Launcher (part of LPF)
to invoke them.

TestRunner can be configured to report its results using TestReporter
generating results to files, which when served by an appropriately
configured web server (apache + some icons) give you both a progress
status and red/green/yellow pass indication in your web browser and a
script to load into a fileList and re-run tests via doIts.

TestReporter can be run standalone without TestRunner which runs the
tests without an in image UI.

This will all be a standard part of Sake/Bob, an auto image
build/testing tool built upon Sake.  (Bob version 1 was written in ruby,
so the ideas have been tested, we just await the smalltalk version.
There is also a server ready to be put to work on this)

regards

Keith