[squeak-dev] Fwd: [Webteam] Choosing the platform for website

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 17:15:38 UTC 2008

Janko, i forwarded your message to squeak-dev, to be more visible to public :)

----------------
Dear all,

I think now a time came to finally choose a platform and to upgrade
our website. You know, Jun with exams is over and every Squeaker has
now a time. Holidays? What holidays? ;)

So, we have two proposals on-line:

   Aida/Web/Scribo based: http://squeaksite.aidaweb.si/
   Seaside/Pier based: http://squeak.lukas-renggli.ch/

One is also mine as you know, so I will from now on always declare in
advance if I speak as a webteam leader or a proposer. Now I'm speaking
as a team leader. I promise to be as honest as possible.

I propose that the end of July is a deadline to a final decision. In
the meantime both contenders should:

 - prepare a replica of current website with all existing features
   and the same design
 - prepare a Contact Us solution to prevent spam

Any suggestions, any comments?

Best regards
Janko
Web team leader

Just 1 question: who will decide which platform will be taken?
Because if we don't decide who is in charge to decide it, we still
have a 50/50 situation and no decision will be made.

My personal preferences:

Board? - i don't think so
Community alltogether? - maybe
Web-team?  - i think web-team having full right to decide

And second question (just born):

is it worth arguing which platform to choose, to again, lose more time
(we could be able to start migrating to new platform as far back in
April, if there would be a decision made)?

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.