[squeak-dev] Fwd: [Webteam] Choosing the platform for website

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Mon Jul 7 19:26:09 UTC 2008

Hi Tim,

tim Rowledge wrote:
> OK. I have to admit to a little puzzlement here. Why does it
> particularly matter what the platform for the website is?
>
> It's not (currently) a particularly complex site. Hell, it could almost
> certainly be done in RapidWeaver! What matters to those of us outside
> the implementation and care of the site is *the content*. Unless someone
> is proposing some staggeringly interesting form of content that can only
> be done on one particular platform... who cares?

We need to upgrade the current website's platform (SmallWiki) because it
is aging. We need to come to up-to-date platform to be able to satisfy
the needs like from your list of requirements and more in the future. We
need to finally solve that Contact Us spaming problem, which eats quite
some time every day to the webteam. And so on.

Janko
Webteam leader