[squeak-dev] [ANN] SqueakLightII Class Repository is ready

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Jul 9 10:45:48 UTC 2008

Folks:

I very proud I complete the 3.10 class repository and any could use it.

See how I could solve TileMorph initialization for guide.

> !TileMorph class methodsFor: 'class initialization' stamp: 'edc 7/9/2008
> 07:06'!
> initialize
>
>     "TileMorph initialize"
> TileMorph readInArrowGraphics.   " It's not a option"
>     UpdatingOperators := Dictionary new.
>     UpdatingOperators at: #incr: put: #+.
>     UpdatingOperators at: #decr: put: #-.
>     UpdatingOperators at: #set: put: ''.
>
>     RetractPicture ifNil: [
>         RetractPicture := (SuffixPicture flipBy: #horizontal centerAt:
> (SuffixPicture center))].
>     SuffixArrowAllowance := 5 + SuffixPicture width + RetractPicture width.
>     UpArrowAllowance := 10.
> ! !
>
> !TileMorph class methodsFor: 'class initialization' stamp: 'edc 7/9/2008
> 07:05'!
> readInArrowGraphics
>     "TileMorph readInArrowGraphics"
>
>     | obj loader req |
> loader := CodeLoader new.
>     loader baseURL: 'http://squeakros.atspace.com/3dot10/EToys-Scripting
> Tiles/'..
>     req := loader createRequestFor:'tile inc arrow.morph' in: HTTPLoader
> default.
>     obj := loader readObject: req.
>     UpPicture := obj form.
> req := loader createRequestFor: 'tile dec arrow.morph' in: HTTPLoader default.
>     obj := loader readObject: req.
>     DownPicture := obj form.
> req := loader createRequestFor: 'tile suffix arrow.morph' in: HTTPLoader
> default.
>     obj := loader readObject: req.
>     SuffixPicture := obj form.! !

Also , picture show a crude how to load any class the system don't have when
we wish load projects like the Spirograph.003.pr of Diego Gomez Deck (2004)
in a image lacking Etoys and a lot more Classes.

The process shows the "can full of worms " Squeak is now.

Again I ask for think the idea of divide and conquer the task of rebuild
Squeak with this kind of "class repository" as we could have maintainers of
classes or group of classes.

Edgar