[squeak-dev] Namespaces, Packages: Image available for download, screencast.

Michael van der Gulik mikevdg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 10:02:30 UTC 2008

Hi all.

For anybody that's interested, I've uploaded a premade Namespaced image at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/securesqueak/

Caveat emptor; there are bugs, but it does work. To prove it works, I've managed to make a screencast under Linux in beautiful high resolution, which Google video managed to munge into a pixellated mess:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=771491032612949488&hl=en

(Excuse my heavy breathing.)

A note for others: I made this screencast using a program under Ubuntu Linux called "recordmydesktop". It works pretty well! Google video also managed to read the .ogg file fine without conversion. I recorded this at 480p (i.e. 720x480, which for reasons unexplained IceWM decided was actually 180x480). Next time I might keep the same resolution, but use larger fonts.

Gulik.

--
Michael van der Gulik <mikevdg at gmail.com>