[squeak-dev] Subclassing tests Style Question

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Mon Jul 21 17:36:01 UTC 2008

Hi,

HK> Laziness suggests to make BTests a subclass of ATests so I could reuse
HK> the (lengthy) setUp of A in A tests. Something like

thanks Jerome and Zulq.

So it will boil down to a helper class.

A Factory is not needed anywhere except for the tests. A has 6
instvars, one of them an OrderedCollection with typically five to ten
elements (points) that describe a closed polygon. They will be entered
manually by the user or will be read from a file in the application.

A test resource sounds interesting but I prefer a simple class. And
cpu time is no problem here so I will create the objects the classical
way in each tests setUp.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net