[squeak-dev] Re: HydraVM win32 update (was: Re: Re: new blog post plus closure bootstrap code)

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 14:02:47 UTC 2008

2008/7/29 Klaus D. Witzel <klaus.witzel at cobss.com>:
> On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:27:58 +0200, Igor Stasenko wrote:

>> Well, [] changes is not backwards compatible with current squeak
>> images, while Hydra can run them w/o problems.
>> This is the reason, why i want to release them now - at least in
>> binary form. So people may try run it and report problems found.
>>
>> So here is update.
>> ----
>>
>> VMMaker and HydraVM packages is now at squeaksource.
>>
>> MCHttpRepository
>>    location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/HydraVM'
>>    user: ''
>>    password: ''
>
> Which base .image should load this? If base .image is Croquet, have URL?

it should work well on Croquet 1.0.18 took from Croquet SDK.
Also, i don't see a reason why it should not work on any other image.
VMMaker pakcage don't have too much dependencies, so it should work
fine on any image starting from squeak 3.8  , i assume.
Please tell me if you find any problems loading/using VMMaker on 3.9-3.10.
And Croquet SDK can be downloaded here:
http://www.opencroquet.org/index.php/Downloads

>> The platform sources are located here:
>>
>> http://squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/branches/HydraVM
>
> Checked this branch out (on my brand new dual core notebook :)
>
> Where's the file interp.c, which used to be in win32/vm ?

of course there is no such file. Because it is generated by vmmaker :)
What the reason in putting a files which is a product of automatic
code generation under version control? :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.