[squeak-dev] more on ... playing MPEG files

John Richards ajtr at us.ibm.com
Tue Jul 29 19:40:21 UTC 2008

I found an MPEG1 video (only) file...i.e., not muxed with the audio...and
Squeak seems to play it just fine.  So the problem seems to be limited to
this slightly more exotic format.  Now I just need to figure out how to
convert my existing files to this old format.

John

Every technique I have tried for playing an MPEG movie file on the Mac OS
(specifically an MPEG1 Muxed movie file) fails on load (it just goes into
an endless spinning hourglass).  This is true on both 3.9 and 3.10 and
have not tested it on earlier versions.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?  For what it's worth, the file tests as
a valid MPEG file when I do MPEGFile isFileValidMPEG:

Thanks,
John