[squeak-dev] Re: Smalltalk customers

Nevin Pratt nevin at bountifulbaby.com
Thu Jul 31 16:42:33 UTC 2008

http://www.bountifulbaby.com

We use Squeak/Seaside.  We have an 8200 square foot warehouse, and we do
a fair amount of volume (with about 20 workers, including some that work
from home).

The look and feel of the website was originally created about 6 1/2
years ago by a (then) 12 year old boy, so it looks a little amateurish.
But whenever we survey our customer base with possible website design
changes, the customers are pretty solidly against it.  Probably 95% of
our customers are women, and they seem to like the design that was done
by a 12 year old.

The site was originally done in DreamWeaver, but even then it was hosted
under Squeak/Comanche.  Then several years ago I moved the site to
Seaside, without changing the design at all.

Nevin