[squeak-dev] Re: Hit end of changes file limit

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Jun 2 22:15:53 UTC 2008

El 6/2/08 6:51 PM, "Rob Rothwell" <r.j.rothwell at gmail.com> escribió:

> So is 23 Mb "messing a lot?!"
>
> When should a person get worried?
>
> Rob
How you go from few mb to 23 Mb (or more) ?

I guess you have a populated image, each time you dowload and install some
of any SM, Universes, Installer, Monticello, or your own .st , .cs, .sar ,
etc, .image size grows and also .changes.
Not all going to .changes is needed, if your image don't cause headaches to
you, maybe is time to do Smalltalk condenseChanges.

We have three choices when 3.10 start.
1) the Klaus 512 mb idea
2) the Dan compressedChanges idea
3) build new .sources and deliver with empty changes

Ralph comes with some Maurice Raab start to  develop , but is not ready in
time , so we deliver with normal .changes and same 3.9 .sources.

With SqueakLightII I try to go wild and have a "class repository" in
compressed by Squeak way.

You could have a glimpse of how looks 2005 3.8 such repository in
ftp://edgardec@squeakros.atspace.com:21/squeakros.atspace.com/CompressedClas
ses
pass is squeak , as you could guess

Edgar