[squeak-dev] [ANN] CommandShell 4.2.1

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Jun 5 04:05:46 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 04:40:33PM -0300, Cesar Rabak wrote:
> Dear David,
>
> I'm attempting to install the CommandShell package in my Squeak images
> and I get an "Error: only integers should be used as indices" be it in
> the current Squeak3.10.1-7175-basic.image as the ealier
> Squeak3.9-final-7067.image.
>
> Since such a thing has to be some mishap on my side as it could not have
> passed unnoticed by so much time since the release, I'm asking for help
> as I cannot figure out what I could be doing wrong....

Hello Cesar,

This is caused by a bug in recent versions of CommandShell (thanks to Don
McLane <dmclane at u.washington.edu> for finding the problem).

As a work-around, please try loading the OSProcess package first, then load
CommandShell. This will allow CommandShell to work properly.

Also, if you are using SqueakMap to load CommandShell, try doing "update map
from the net" in your SqueakMap package loader. The most recently published
version of CommandShell is 4.2.3.

Dave

p.s. The fix for this bug is in SqueakSource at http://www.squeaksource.com/CommandShell,
but I have not "officially" released it as CommandShell 4.2.4, so maybe I should
do that now ;)