[squeak-dev] Re: [Esug-list] Call for Content: ESUG DVD 08

James Robertson jarober at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 10:50:10 UTC 2008

I should also clarify - we (Cincom) do not own the IP rights for VSE
(Seagull out of Holland does).  As an artifact of the sale of VW to
Cincom, we inherited the same rights that ObjectShare had.  Meaning,
we can sell maintenance agreements and we can release bug fixes, but
we can't do more than that.

In terms of being able to make VSE open source, or give it away, we
simply do not own the rights that would allow us to make any decision
(for or against) in that regard.