[squeak-dev] [ANN] SqueakLightII ready to try

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Jun 10 11:44:51 UTC 2008

Folks:

I put
http://ftp.squeak.org/various_images/SqueakLight/SqueakLightII.7069.zip, the
3.11 unofficial .
I decide to start from 3.9 and do all again only with .cs
The Packages that have been removed are:

Removed in 3.10
   * Flash
   * StarSqueak
   * SmaCC
   * Speech
   * Movies
   * FixUnderscores
   * OB
   * OmniBrowser
More removed Packages
   * Tests
   * SMLoader
   * SMBase
   * Sunit
   * SUnitGUI
   * ScriptLoader
   * Universes
   * Installer
   * XML-Parser
   * MorphicExtras-Demo
   * Morphic-CandidatesForGo
   * Nebraska
   * EToys

I need take risk for going closer to MinimalMorphic, this image still have
Flaps and could load and save again his Projects and Morphs.

In fact, we are facing a trouble in 3.10 recently Jerome fix regarding to
saved SystemWindows change his font.
I happy to announce the original History morphs from 3.10 could load without
any troubles.

You should know is very alpha, I also use the Matthew and Keith unloadTraits
with few modifications I need  for all works.

The things all do with Installer I do with CodeLoader, in the Squeak image
from 1999.
The only method I need change slightly was

installSourceFiles
    "Install the previously loaded source files"
    sourceFiles == nil ifTrue:[^self].
    (sourceFiles endsWith: '.mcz') ifTrue:[sourceFiles do:[:req|
MczInstaller installStream: req contentStream.
            ^self]].
    sourceFiles do:[:req| self installSourceFile: req contentStream].
    sourceFiles _ nil.

You could load updates hitting the load updates button from Squeak flag.
This updates was .cs versions of 3.10 updates until I reach the highest 3.10
applicable

I wish all kind of feedback , read you in #squeak of IRC.

Edgar