[squeak-dev] Prolog revived

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Thu Jun 12 11:19:26 UTC 2008

Ryan Mitchley a écrit :
> How easy it is to extract the search and backtracking functionality for use
> in one's own classes? (i.e. bypass the Prolog scanning and parsing etc.).
> How easily do the Prolog terms map to Squeak constructions?
>
> And then, out of curiosity, what are the differences from a standardish
> Edinburgh style Prolog (e.g. SWI or similar)?

these are exactly the things I plan to investigate :)

so far I have only been hacking the code superficially. I don't know how
it really works yet.

note that another working Prolog implementation exists:
http://www.zephyr.dti.ne.jp/~nishis/smalltalk/Squeak/goodies/index.html
(only the GUI is broken for newer images)

Stef