[squeak-dev] [Question] How to ensure a single windows vm instance?

Markus Gälli gaelli at emergent.de
Tue Jun 17 22:23:19 UTC 2008

Dear folks

I've developed a game in Squeak, mainly used on windows.
Due to some bug in the recent windows vm  [1] I needed to fall back
to an old VM which does not provide a splash screen at the beginning.
As a consequence children playing this game might start the vm more
than one time -- not getting any feedback if it has already started
-- which leads to some nasty consequences.

So: I guess I miss something obvious, but can someone point me to an
easy way to ensure only a single squeak instance on windows?
I guess asking some registry or elsewhere for running (squeak)
processes might help, any pointers in this direction?

Thanks

Markus

[1] http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6818