[squeak-dev] question about ArrayedCollection>>writeOn: aStream

Alain Plantec alain.plantec at univ-brest.fr
Wed Jun 18 17:09:53 UTC 2008

Hi all,
since 3.1 one have
ArrayedCollection>>writeOn: aStream
	"Store the array of bits onto the argument, aStream.  (leading byte ~= 16r80) identifies this as raw bits (uncompressed).  Always store in Big Endian (Mac) byte order.  Do the writing at BitBlt speeds. We only intend this for non-pointer arrays.  Do nothing if I contain pointers."
	self class isPointers | self class isWords not ifTrue: [^ super writeOn: aStream].
				"super may cause an error, but will not be called."
	aStream nextInt32Put: self basicSize.
	aStream nextWordsPutAll: self.

as you can see, it can sends writeOn: aStream to super.
But, #writeOn: is not present in ArrayedCollection hierarchy.
Is it a bug ? or ?
thanks
alain