[squeak-dev] 3.10.2-rc is missing TTCFont registry fixes M6577FontRegFix-wiz.2.cs

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 19 04:43:46 UTC 2008

3.10.2-rc is missing TTCFont registry fixes M6577FontRegFix-wiz.2.cs

In sq 3.10.2-rc loaded projects get unexpected font changes

Hi all,

0006577: In sq 7170 loaded projects get unexpected font changes
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6577

See:
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/v3dot10/2008-June/001123.html
for why I think it needs to be included before the release candidate becomes the release.

The problem is that the TTCFont registry does not get initialized
 and starts out empty by default.
This causes the TTCFonts to look like something else.
This is most notable in when a project or morph
 with a ttcfont is saved and reloaded.

This bug is long standing in 3.10.
I recently tracked the problem back to its source
 and proposed a test and a remedy.

Apparently, not in time to convince Ken Causey to include it in 3.10.2.

I think it is something users of 3.10 need to be aware of.

Yours in service and curiosity, --Jeorme Peace