[squeak-dev] Re: Bug in object finalization?

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Thu Jun 19 15:37:03 UTC 2008

Norbert Hartl wrote:

> I would see it the other way round. The forks forked as there wasn't
> a way to do it centralized. Every measure that takes this approach
> is IMHO suspect to fail :) What id needed at least is that every release

Oh, I meant it the other way round.

> I could image some sort of centralized notification about accepted
> fixes. This could be a wiki page with a table where each release
> team enters the accepted fixes as a row and the forks are the
> columns

That is close to what I was thinking about. Basically a server that
would pull in all sources from all available sources/repositories, so
you could look at e.g. class Semaphore and see who did which changes to
the class. Right now you have to basically go through all repositories,
see where they might have touched Semaphore. Which is almost impossible,
taking into account overrides and class extensions (that's why I
mentioned Seaside, even if it isn't a fork in that sense, I agree).

Michael