[squeak-dev] Re: FFI + Windows + Cygwin

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 15:28:54 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 3:46 AM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/6/20 Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com>:
> > I am sorry, I forgot to tell the real error I have in FFI. When I try to
> run
> > a simple test that uses FFI it call externalCallFailed with a message:
> > "unable to find function address".
> >
> > thanks in advance,
> >
> > mariano
> >

> > On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 1:48 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck
> > <marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi everybody. I am developing SqueakDBX a openDBX C library. We are
> using
> >> FFI to call C functions. OpenDBX has always been compiled in linux and
> mac.
> >> But since the last version, it works under Windows using Cygwin or
> WinGW. I
> >> could test the library and works well (in windows). It has been
> generated
> >> the necessary .dlls. The problem is that theese .dlls files are in
> >> c:/cygwin/usr/lib/* . And, I can't "see" those functions from FFI.
> >>

> So, just copy .dll to same dir where image or squeak binary resides.
> But i think problem that resulting .dll using some other libraries
> which located under that dir.
> And to make it working you need to add this dir to PATH environment var.
> If i remember this should help.

Ok. I'll try this. I am sorry for my newbie questions, but I have never
program C in windows. When I compiled openDBX with cygwin, it generated
thees files libopendbx.a , libopendbx.la y libopendbx.dll.a

I mean, there isn't a real XXX.dll so that windows can find it. Is this ok?

very thanks,

mariano