[squeak-dev] [ANN] new release of Prolog

Stephen Pair stephen at pairhome.net
Mon Jun 23 17:24:11 UTC 2008

I've got nothing to offer right now but encouragement.  There are so many
problems that are much easier to express as constraints that we really
should have a simple framework for that available right out of the box so to
speak.  There have been several different implementations of constraint
systems over the years in Smalltalk, but they all seemed to have various
issues with them (neglect, lack of docs, not integrated with normal objects,
etc).  I think it would also be worthwhile to construct a small tutorial
that shows how to use it.  Maybe a scheduling example would be good (i.e.
employees that have constraints on when they are available to work).

- Stephen