[squeak-dev] Re: Perl is to CPAN as Squeak is to (what)?

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Jun 26 21:49:09 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Ralph" == Ralph Johnson <johnson at cs.uiuc.edu> writes:

Ralph> CPAN is probably a good model.  However, a model that works well for
Ralph> one language does not always work well for another.  How would you
Ralph> think a CPAN-like system would handle the fact that people are using
Ralph> 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, 3.9 and 3.10 and that some packages work for all of
Ralph> these, but some packages are specialized for a particular image?

Well, that's why I'm liking Universes now. :)

We do need something that says package X works with squeak Y and package X
depends on package Z.  so it's two dimensions, not just one.