[squeak-dev] Re: Squeak Package Management

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Fri Jun 27 18:42:13 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Derrell" == Derrell Piper <ddp at electric-loft.org> writes:

Derrell> I do think you need to consider this as one of the most pressing
Derrell> problems you face in garnering new adoption and new developers.  I'd
Derrell> also suggest taking a look at the Python and Ruby communities, both
Derrell> of which are thriving with new code and shared development.

And Perl.

And this is why I bring this up.  The whole mishmash of SM/SS/PU/$nextthing
makes it hard for both producers *and* consumers.  I'm hoping this dialogue
brings out a roadmap of what to do and who will do it and what the result will
look like so people can get inspired to action.