[squeak-dev] Subversion (was: Re: Perl is to CPAN as Squeak is to (what)?)

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Jun 29 09:03:27 UTC 2008

El 6/28/08 11:43 PM, "David T. Lewis" <lewis at mail.msen.com> escribió:

> I think that Edgar has talked about trying to rebuild Squeak 3.9/10
> from changes on top of a solid 3.8 image. I think he has the right
> idea: fully traceable sources, all in plain text, and easily rebuilt
> from a known base system. The 3.8 image itself was built from update
> streams all the way back to an image of known heritage and license
> status. Really, this is not a bad state of affairs.
>
> Dave

Thanks Dave.

Also I wish have a "Class repository" for ages.
See what I got from 3.8 in 2005

ftp://squeakros.atspace.com/squeakros.atspace.com/CompressedClasses/

password is squeak

I just build SqueakLightII aka Unofficial 3.11.
I plan to have the same thing here.

Its 3.9 with more packages going to live outside the image.
About 1400 clases, 2/3 size normal 3.10
All the way until 3.10 is with the same we do in Ralph era, but in easy to
follow .cs form.

The image could be updated hitting the load updates of Squeak flap or doing
Utilites slUpdates from Workspace.

At the moment you should reach 7183 with one error when image try to load
the Matthew version of Monticello 1.6 beta.
Close the error and repeat the loading and then save as 7183

I add a page on swiki, all could put any you wish

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6056

And a couple of ready to run

In a Workspace,

|sourceFile |
sourceFile := HTTPLoader default retrieveContentsFor:
'http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/uploads/6056/LightWeb.sar'.
sourceFile := RWBinaryOrTextStream with: (sourceFile content).
SARInstaller new fileInFrom: sourceFile

'http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/uploads/6056/ SqueakRosDev3dot10.sar'.
sourceFile := RWBinaryOrTextStream with: (sourceFile content).
SARInstaller new fileInFrom: sourceFile

Not to bad having a server and web page builder and a development set for a
pre-alpha ...

Help and we could have a polished system ready for ESUG or Smalltalks 2008

Also at the moment I development crude tools for analyze all in 3.10
Universes, the first output I send to "Discussion about development of
Squeak 3.10" <v3dot10 at lists.squeakfoundation.org>

As seems Colin finished Monticello2, I wish try it if someone say the files
I should load from http://source.wiresong.ca/mc/

Edgar