[squeak-dev] Re: DebuggerUnwindBug>>testUnwindDebuggerWithStep

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Jun 30 23:10:33 UTC 2008

Norbert Hartl wrote:
> What does this
>
> <primitive: 19> "Simulation guard"
>
> do?

It does nothing. It only indicates that the system will crash if that
code ever gets simulated (usually due to atomicity violations).

> Hmmm, looks quite confusing to me as the suspendingList is
> only one element in size the whole time. Hmmm...

Yeah, indeed. That is interesting. I don't have the time to look at this
right now but it may actually be the solution to the problem. I think
that a strategically placed #suspend in completeStep: may solve this
problem. I'll have to think about this more ...

> Anyway my conclusion is that the test in my first post can't work.

Not sure how you come to this conclusion. The test *doesn't* work but
that indicates that a piece of the system is broken.

> Any suggestions which side needs a change?

Simulating "out of" a semaphore wait is broken. The debugger test is
still valid btw, since it illustrates the behavior in a practical manner.

Cheers,
   - Andreas