[squeak-dev] Re: Delay time question

Robert F. Scheer rfscheer at speakeasy.net
Sun Mar 2 00:59:06 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-01 at 14:53 -0800, John M McIntosh wrote:
> The extended serial plugin has all the api to fiddle with stty, etc.

This feels a bit out of place being discussed on the developer list but
I'm kinda afraid of plugins, having no experience with them yet and
having a long way to go with the robot in too short a time.

I started reading through the VM material and could see that it would be
easy to use only after paying some dues.  For example, I couldn't right
away figure out where to get the right version of VMMaker for my 3.9.8
VM.  To be honest I'm not even certain that's needed for plugins, but
that was the impression after skimming some of the material.

I'll get back to this and a number of other issues after getting the
basic robot loops working and controlling properly.

Thanks again for the help.

-Robert