[squeak-dev] Alternatives to inform:

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Tue Mar 4 02:07:01 UTC 2008

On 3-Mar-08, at 1:59 AM, stephane ducasse wrote:

> I would like to avoid to use inform: loading or other actions.
> Is there anybody that worked on such an alternative?
> I was thinking that may be something like toothpick or a logger
> could be the
> way to go but I would like to hear about alternatives before going
> in that direction.

What are you trying to accomplish?

I've found that Notifications are good ways of handling user
interaction from low-level code. The default action can do the
conventional thing - open a FillInTheBlank or whatever - but higher
level code can intercept them, do something special, and resume with a
"user-supplied"  value.

Also... what's a toothpick?

Colin