[squeak-dev] Re: Summer(s) of Code 2007/2008

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Wed Mar 5 00:16:42 UTC 2008

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 00:38:37 +0100, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Klaus D. Witzel wrote:
>> I bet one (1.-) CHF that GTK support will not be included in the next
>> Squeak release, not counting 3.10, not talking about an optional
>> package.
>
> Why does everyone seem so exclusively focused on doing something that
> ends up "in the next Squeak release"?

Well, hum, I was the one who doubted that? ;-)

> Is this a requirement for GSOC?

Tried to find such on Google's site but it didn't say anything which is
related. Perhaps somebody found something else?

> I certainly don't see the HydraTools ever getting into a Squeakrelease
> but that doesn't make them any less useful for Squeak.

That's my point. Moreover, an applicant asked for help with Squeak+SoC and
all that I could respond until now was, that people in the Squeak
community want SoC results in the Squeak release and so: better go away
with your non-Squeak release related project.

/Klaus