[squeak-dev] Re: Renaming "Squeak"

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi glpunzi at lordzealon.com
Wed Mar 5 08:39:49 UTC 2008

Long time Ago, in a galaxy far far away....

I proposed things about how to promote Squeak. I said thath for this, a change is needed on look&feel, and logo ...and I was criticized.

Now, We have UI Enhancements.

Anyway this is just an anecdote, I'm newbie, and is normal, but, I'm still thinking that, as others said, the name is not too important, but, logo, it is. (this phrase in spanish sounds better)

The parachute from Smalltalk Logo is great, but Squeak's mouse not.

I proposed the SqueakFoundation Logo(*), but this, is the Squeak Foundation Logo.

With the same name, but with a better logo, is enough for me.

(*) I can't found it now, but is on Squeak-dev images.
(**) I like very much this of Smalltalk, and is very simple: http://www.squeak.org/SmalltalkLogo/?action=SWMimeView

--
Giuseppe Luigi Punzi <glpunzi at lordzealon.com>
<http://www.lordzealon.com>