[squeak-dev] SoC idea: Squeak code on the Web

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Wed Mar 5 11:37:23 UTC 2008

Dear Squeakers,

I'd like to hear your opinion about proposed Google SoC project
currently named as:

	Squeak code on the Web
	http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6032

which goal is to build a web portal of all Squeak code ever written.
Code should be accessible to search engines like Google Code Search and
each package/class/method should have nice bookmarkable Url. This is
important (besides others) for better visibility and promotion of
Smalltalk among other languages, which have all code accessible on the
web. Portal is supposed to be written using Aida/Web framework to
leverage its strong Url support.

This is actually a continuation of my prototype work I did two months
ago:
http://www.nabble.com/Squeak-code-now-browsable-and-bookmarkable-on-the-Web-td14624258.html

Any comments, further ideas, better name proposal etc. are greatly
appreciated.

Janko

--
Janko Mivšek