[squeak-dev] Re: Summer(s) of Code 2007/2008

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Wed Mar 5 15:52:14 UTC 2008

On Mar 2, 2008, at 11:04 PM, giovanni wrote:

>  Damien
> has stopped working on Monticello 2, but Colin has remused the work
> on that,
> even though he's not using Damien's code.

On 5-Mar-08, at 1:30 AM, stephane ducasse replied:

> Now for damien I mentored damien in the hope that colin would join
> and take the lead with the goal to
> really get an impact and improve MC2.

Just to set the record straight, I am using quite a bit of Damien's
code, just not all of it.

When I resumed work on MC2, I had a new idea for how to organized the
interface and present things to the user. Damien's work went in a
different direction, so merged in as much of his stuff as I could, and
set aside the parts that were incompatible with my own direction.

I think Damien did a fine job, and made a significant contribution to
the project.

Colin