[squeak-dev] Re: Renaming "Squeak"

Andrew Tween amtween at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 5 22:58:44 UTC 2008

"Randal L. Schwartz" <merlyn at stonehenge.com> wrote in message
news:86pru8olck.fsf at blue.stonehenge.com...

> David> Underscore for assignment!
>
> On this point, you could argue that it's the *other* smalltalks that have
> chosen to be gratuitously incompatible, not Squeak, since this choice
> derives
> all the way back from the mothership, Smalltalk80.

True.
But then you could argue that Squeak has chosen to be deviously incompatible
by replacing the left arrow with an underscore, and yet pretending that no
change has been made.

Which is the greater sin, to make a change, and make the change obvious; or
to make a change, and attempt to mask the fact that it has happened?

These assignment discussions are most amusing, and I am sure will remain so
for many years to come ;)

Cheers,
Andy