[squeak-dev] [ANN] ESUG 2008 Call for Contribution

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at free.fr
Sat Mar 8 15:37:56 UTC 2008

Hi all

Please do not wait the last minutes to send me your potential
presentations.
I want to make ESUG a success, so I need you!

Stef

16th International Smalltalk Joint Conference - Call for Contributions

August  25-29, 2008 - Amsterdam, the Netherlands

http://www.esug.org/conferences/2008/

For the past 16 years, the European Smalltalk User Group (ESUG) has
organised the International Smalltalk Conference, a lively forum on
cutting edge software technologies that attract people from both
academia and industry for a whole week. The attendees are both
engineers using Smalltalk in business and students and teachers using
Smalltalk both for research and didactic purposes.

As every year, this year's edition of the largest European Smalltalk
event will include the regular Smalltalk developers conference with
renowned invited speakers, a Smalltalk camp that proves fruitful for
interactions and discussions. Besides, this year will be held the 4th
edition of the Innovation Technology Awards where prizes will be
awarded to authors of best pieces of Smalltalk-related projects.

You can support the ESUG conference in many different ways:

   * Sponsor the conference. New sponsoring packages are described at http://www.esug.org/supportesug/becomeasponsor/
   * Submit a talk, a software or a paper to one of the events. See
below.
   * Attend the conference. We'd like to beat the previous record of
attendance (116 people at Köthen, Germany in 2004)!
   * Students can get free registration and hosting if they enroll
into the the Student Volunteers program. See below.

The conference features the following events:

   * Camp Smalltalk - There will be a Smalltalk camp the 23-24th of
august
   * Developers Forum
   * Technology Forum

Developers Forum : International Smalltalk Developers Conference
------------------
This year we are looking for YOUR experience on using Smalltalk. The
list of topics includes, but is not limited to the following:

   * XP practices
   * Development tools
   * Experience reports
   * Model driven development
   * Web development
   * Team management
   * Meta-Modeling
   * Security
   * New libraries & frameworks
   * Educational material
   * Embedded systems and robotics
   * SOA and Web services
   * Interaction with other programming languages

Submissions due on 1st June 2008
Notification of acceptance on 15 of June 2008
More information at http://www.esug.org/conferences/2008

How to sumbit?
Pay attention: the places are limited so do not wait till the last
minute to apply. Prospective presenters should submit a request to esug-info at esug.org
  following the template below. Please use this template since the
email will be automatically processed!