[squeak-dev] [ANN] Monticello backport to Squeak 3.4

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 13 15:28:02 UTC 2008

Avi Bryant wrote:
> On 3/11/08, Germán Arduino <garduino at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>  I ported a suitable version of Monticello to work on Squeak 3.4
>>  images. This work was done to BluePlane, the Tansel Ersavas and John
>>  Magnifico company and on their name I'm announcing this. If someone is
>>  interested just drop a mail and I will send (or put to download) the
>>  .cs.
>>

> So I'm curious - what else of the more recent dev tools will run on
> 3.4.  OmniBrowser? Shout? Seaside?  Anyone tried any of these?
>
> Avi
Installer, and Sake/Packages should work with minimal effort.

Sake/Packages is the equivalent of universes, but it uses a standard
browser as a UI, and manages the package definitions as methods on a
class persisted in a monticello package.

There is no reason why 3.4 cannot be included in LevelPlayingField if
someone wants to add it.

Keith