[squeak-dev] We need new Web Team leader (Was: I'm stepping down as WebTeam Leader Mars 31)

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 00:10:50 UTC 2008

>  On Mar 13, 2008, at 4:12 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:
>  > On 14/03/2008, Ken Causey <ken at kencausey.com> wrote:
>  >> While I'm sure Karl welcomes your thanks it seems like maybe you and
>  >> some others have missed the point.  Karl is not fishing for comments.
>  >> In the recent past he has repeatedly announced that he wishes to step
>  >> down from leading the website team and would like to find a
>  >> replacement.
>  >> He has not gotten any replies.  He is now stating that he really is
>  >> leaving with a specific deadline (the end of this month) and it is
>  >> now
>  >> really time for someone to step up and lead the website team for the
>  >> immediate future at the very least.
>
>  If no one else volunteers, I certainly can spend at least a few days a
>  month maintaining the site and trying to find better ways to present
>  and organize the content.

There are others in the web team (like me, for instance) that helps on
the site when they can. So, you have help there.

AFAIK, what the leader needs to do is:

1. maintain the email distribution list (which basically means looking
at all the bounced messages, deleting the spam and forwarding on
legitimate msgs) unless someone else is already doing this (I don't
know.)

2. Report to squeak-dev once a month about web issues

3. Be a catalyst for web Squeak web presence and the webteam.

I'd volunteer, but I can't make the commitment right now.

--
Brad Fuller
www.bradfuller.com