[squeak-dev] I'm stepping down as WebTeam Leader Mars 31

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 00:58:37 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 05:48:29PM -0700, Brian T. Rice wrote:

> On Mar 13, 2008, at 5:23 PM, Janko Miv?ek wrote:
>
>> Hi Squeakers,
>>
>> I'd like to announce that I'm seriously thinking about helping Squeak
>> community with stepping up as a WebTeam team leader.
>>
>> Let me introduce myself a bit: I already have an experience building up
>> and maintaining content on Aida/Web site and I also got some experience
>> how to do promotion and how to do a Search Engine Optimizations (SEO).
>
> While SEO experience is an important skill for website management, I think
> you are too partisan in your marketing for Aida and against Seaside to be a
> serious candidate. I've done some basic effective SEO tasks, and the Squeak
> website itself could certainly be improved in that way, I fear that your
> solutions will inherently involve your favorite hammer rather than working
> within Seaside (aka "what we have") the ways it provides.

For what it's worth, practically none of the Squeak website uses Seaside:

- squeak.org uses Smallwiki, which has it's own web engine.
- swiki uses swiki, which uses PWS
- lists.squeakfoundation.org uses Mailman, a python tool
- bugs.squeak.org uses Mantis, a php tool
- map.squeak.org uses HttpView2
- people.squeakfoundation.org uses some php tool
- source.squeakfoundation.org uses SqueakSource, which uses
  seaside.

So, Seaside can't really be said to be "what we have"