[squeak-dev] I'm stepping down as WebTeam Leader Mars 31

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 08:35:30 UTC 2008

> Not Smallwiki2/Pier? Huh, that's what I thought was there.

The Squeak website runs with SmallWiki, which is the predecessor of
Pier. This is a port from VisualWorks and does not base on Seaside.

Pier is based on Seaside and developed in Squeak. To some extent it is
backward compatible to SmallWiki. It comes with dozens of plugins and
is proven technology for years for many sites (including the one of
Seaside). All code is MIT licensed.

http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/Archive/Reports/Reng07c.pdf

>  I *would* like SqueakSource to be MUCH more friendly to external
>  linking (some would say RESTful; I just want it SEO-friendly) but we'd
>  need to wrangle some effort in that direction (no one in charge of SqS
>  claims to have the time to do it yet).

SqueakSource (www.squeaksource.com) is not part of the
SqueakFoundation, it is privately hosted by the University of Bern.
SqueakSource is RESTful to some extent, repositories and projects can
be bookmarked (at least in the latest version).

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch