[squeak-dev] Re: +1 for the Web tool debate [was: We need new Web Team leader (Was: I'm stepping down as WebTeam Leader Mars 31)]

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 12:24:41 UTC 2008

> One pressing issue is that the webteam mailing list is exposed to
>  webbots so the moderation job can be quite overwhelming. One solution is
>  to use a captcha but there is no captcha for Smallwiki, (there is one
>  for Smallwiki2) and there are so few users of Smallwiki and even fewer
>  developers.

It is not that the developers have disappeared. It is not that nobody
works on SmallWiki anymore. And it is not that there is no community
around SmallWiki.

SmallWiki is a product released in 2003. Its development continued
since then. It is based on Seaside now and it was renamed to Pier. It
has an active developer community. There are more than 200 people
registered on the mailing list. Many people build (and have built) web
sites using Pier. There are dozens of sophisticated plugins available.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch