[squeak-dev] Re: I'm stepping down as WebTeam Leader Mars 31

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Fri Mar 14 13:36:37 UTC 2008

Igor Stasenko wrote:

> I really don't care (as well as 99.9% of others) what software
> delivers content to my browser
> as long as it does it fast and site looking good and convenient to
> navigate/find required information. The list, provided by Matthew
> perfectly reflects that.
>
> I would really better consider about inviting a good web designer to
> refresh 'face' of squeak than about what platform to choose for
> content management.
> We both know that things sell themselves better if they're eye candy :)

That's actually a main duty of a WebTeam in my opinion and it is good
that you mention it, because we sail just too deep in technical part of
the story.

So, how to improve content and website design? This is actually  hardest
question and by my experience maintaining aidaweb.si definitively hard.
You need to keep an eye on it all the time, be careful to refresh
content regularly and keep it consistent. Maybe with delegation of this
duty to more people, to those which are closer to a "semantic" of content?

About design, we are just in process to redesign our site and maybe we
can extend that redesign to squeak site too. Let we keep that in mind
for a bit more.

Janko

--
Janko Mivšek