[squeak-dev] When borwsing the implementor all the classes are scan

Mathieu Suen mathk.sue at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 15:24:42 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am playing with image segment and I have notice a strange behavior.

I started by executing:
ImageSegment discoverActiveClasses.

Then I wait a few second doing absolutely nothing except moving the
mouse and selecting text.
After I execute this next statement:
PopUpMenu notify: ImageSegment activeClasses size printString , '
classes were active out of ' , Smalltalk allClasses size printString.

When I have nothing open it told me that I have about 30/40 classes
used.
But when I have the Implementor browser open it told me 2824 over 2824
classes used.

So It seem that the Implementor browser lookup all the classes from
time to time.

I use the Squeak-Dev image and the Implementor is the one from
Omnibrowser.

It seem that the Implementor browser do stuff awkwardly.
	Mth