[squeak-dev] Re: I'm stepping down as WebTeam Leader Mars 31

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Fri Mar 14 19:43:47 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 18:59 -0700, Andreas Raab wrote:
> Igor Stasenko wrote:
> > If Janko can push things with Aida, i don't mind so. Between
> > stagnation and movement i choose movement.
>
> I would recommend spending two minutes to think about how to roll out
> such a change and how to roll back if (god forbid) the job turns out too
> big, the tool not suited, or the volunteer in question getting run over
> by a bus. Only headless chickens move merely for the sake of movement ;-)
>
> Cheers,
>    - Andreas

Assuming Swazoo can live behind Apache as happily as Kom then it's as
little as a change of one digit in an apache configuration file and a
graceful restart.  As leader of the box-admins team I will ensure that
whatever happens that at the very worst I can restore the current site
in a matter of a few minutes.

Ken