[squeak-dev] I'm stepping down as WebTeam Leader Mars 31

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Fri Mar 14 21:49:00 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Jason" == Jason Rogers <jacaetevha at gmail.com> writes:

Jason>     - if the image holds the data, we have to snapshot and copy the
Jason> image -- but if the content is external, we can back up the content
Jason> more frequently (with a much better compression rate than the image)
Jason> and back up the image much less frequently
Jason> - the content should be easily manipulated, without requiring editing
Jason> the image directly
Jason> - the current image is quite old (3.7 variant, I believe) and doesn't
Jason> take advantage of recent improvements in Squeak (FastSocket comes to
Jason> mind)

Can we use ImageSegments or Magma for this?  I mean, saving the whole image
works, but we certainly want to use modern technology now that it's available.