[squeak-dev] Deployment mode vs development mode

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 03:35:03 UTC 2008

Just seen Dan's presentation of Lively Kernel, and one of the questions was
that system, given high flexibility lacks a distinction between user
mode and developer mode.
Same we are see in squeak's morphic world.
I'm wondering, if future UI/graphics frameworks, like Morphic 3 can
take this into account:
еo limit 'openness' of system to certain amount, when things running
in sort of 'deployed' mode.

Like, for instance, if i'm having a browser window open, i shouldn't
be able to drag and drop random morphs in it or change inner morphs on
the fly in any way.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.